|City of Miami's Department of Community & Economic Development uses funds received from State of Florida and Federal funds, like HUD, to implement the City of Miami's projects that provide housing, decent living environments, enhance community facilities and provide economic opportunities for low income families so as to assist the City of Miami's community development.
Some of the programs available from the City of Miami are:
- Section 8 or Plan Ocho.
- First-Time Homebuyer Program.
- Rehabilitate existing housing units within the City.
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program - purchase and redevelop abandoned or foreclosed properties.
- Multi-Family Affordable Rental Housing.
- Provide housing needs of low-income persons with AIDS or related diseases and their families.
- Fair Housing - The City actively works to reduce illegal housing discrimination.
- Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) - A non-profit housing developer accountable to the low-income City of Miami communities.
Remember, all these programs are for the City of Miami residents. If you have not established residency with the City of Miami you are not eligible for any of the programs. All these programs are available at the City of Miami's Miami Riverside Center. There is plenty of parking!